ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is the right place - but there is a Cobb Tuning shop 2 miles from my work - has anyone dealt with them before? - It's in Fountain Valley (Orange County), CA. If this is the wrong thread, sorry - Just got my car a few weeks ago.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=5744

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Jon used to work at a shop here in the northeast, TDC Tuning. He moved to CA and worked at HBSpeed. Now, they are Cobb Tuning SoCal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - appreciate it.

Jon used to work at a shop here in the northeast, TDC Tuning. He moved to CA and worked at HBSpeed. Now, they are Cobb Tuning SoCal.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
was looking there too

I was checking out their website and they have some alright cosmetics for Subies for cheap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went and checked out Cobb SoCal today - Very nice place and much bigger than I thought.
Everyone there was really cool, and the place was spotless. Really glad I found out about them.
I can see spending alot of money there in the future :)
I thought I wasn't going to get any mods done, but that thought didn't last long. Dropping it off 3 weeks from now, and getting Stage 1 - ProTune, Downpipe, and shifter bushings front and rear. Was thinking about exhaust as well, but might save that for later. Really excited to see how the car is after the mods. Wish I didn't have to wait so long - I just crossed 1200 miles today.

On another note - my new speakers are pretty much broken in, and they sound amazing. Just the system as a whole is so perfect for that car. The new Kenwood units are SO nice ~ glad I went aftermarket with the NAV/Audio setup.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm also thinking of mod but don't want to void my factory warranty right now until I hit 30K miles. I'm still in the research mode with new 2012.

Do you know what what they quoted you for the cost for a Stage 1 protune?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure - still waiting on quote for everything. They respond by email, or you can call them.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Went and checked out Cobb SoCal today - Very nice place and much bigger than I thought.
Everyone there was really cool, and the place was spotless. Really glad I found out about them.
I can see spending alot of money there in the future :)
I thought I wasn't going to get any mods done, but that thought didn't last long. Dropping it off 3 weeks from now, and getting Stage 1 - ProTune, Downpipe, and shifter bushings front and rear. Was thinking about exhaust as well, but might save that for later. Really excited to see how the car is after the mods. Wish I didn't have to wait so long - I just crossed 1200 miles today.

On another note - my new speakers are pretty much broken in, and they sound amazing. Just the system as a whole is so perfect for that car. The new Kenwood units are SO nice ~ glad I went aftermarket with the NAV/Audio setup.
Just an fyi/correction: DP = Stage 2

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts