Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a 2016 STI and decided to put the car back to stock. The previous owner had a Cobb Cat-Back exhaust installed, which is now up for sale. Construction is 304 grade stainless and the workmanship / TIG welding is first class. Fitment on my vehicle was perfect.

Overall the system is in excellent condition - no major scratches or dents, flanges are all in great shape and I've even washed it to take off the patina of dirt. Total accumulated mileage is somewhere less than 22,000 - can't say for sure as I don't know when it was installed. This car came from Texas, so no winter road salt to affect the finish.

Price from Cobb: $1295 + tax + shipping
Price from me: $950, all in

Other things to be aware of:
  • Although I have the nuts and bolts that were provided by Cobb, they're a bit pitiful. First off, they're not stainless steel and second they're not even metric 10mm, but 3/8" UNF. You can use them, but I'd recommend replacing them with stainless metric hardware from McMaster Carr - here are the McMaster part numbers / descriptions that I used to put the original system back:
92773A103 316 Stainless Steel Serrated Flange Locknut Super-Corrosion-Resistant, M10 x 1.5 mm Thread, packs of 10 (1 Pack)
94316A330 Bumax 109 Stainless Steel Flat Washer, M10 Screw Size, packs of 5 (2 Packs)
92290A520 Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Socket Head Screw M10 x 1.5 mm Thread, 25 mm Long, packs of 5 (2 Packs)

• I've included the old gaskets, in case you can match them up with something at your local auto store. There's one 3 inch gasket and two 2-7/16 inch gaskets and should be easily available. I've also included the cone shape gasket from the front of the system, which may or may not be reusable.

• There are no hangers provided; either reuse your old ones or buy new polyurethane jobs from Cobb

One final point...due to the size and weight, you'll need to pick this up; I will not ship. Location is Far NW Chicago suburbs.

Also posted on eBay: Cobb Stainless 3" Cat-Back Exhaust for Subaru 2015-2017 WRX / 2015-2017 STI | eBay

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Vehicle Muffler

Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Muffler Vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Car

Muffler Automotive exhaust Grass Auto part Lawn

Automotive exhaust Auto part Muffler Grass Pipe

Muffler Grass Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system

Automotive exhaust Auto part Muffler Catalytic converter Subcompact car

Bicycle handlebar Grass Pipe Plant Automotive exhaust

Grass Auto part Plant Muffler Pipe

Automotive exhaust Auto part Muffler Lawn Grass

1 - 2 of 2 Posts