ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the TBE fry any O2 sensors? or does the map actually recalibrate the sensor to read correctly?? Ive seen some people getting this codes thats why im wondering...

I wanna make my WRx Stage 2 but not if im going to be dealing with stupid codes and fried O2 sensors, and other miscellaneous bull...

thanks for the input...

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
You need to run some sort of engine management (Cobb AP, or an open source equivalent) to eliminate the CEL's that go with going to a catless DP.

As to "frying the sensor"; I dunno. I've had two WRX's with Stage 2 and beyond, and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I just put on a Cobb TBE and went to stage 2 on Tuesday and everything has worked fine including the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to run some sort of engine management (Cobb AP, or an open source equivalent) to eliminate the CEL's that go with going to a catless DP.

As to "frying the sensor"; I dunno. I've had two WRX's with Stage 2 and beyond, and have never had a problem.

Sorry I forgot to mention I was getting the AP with a stage 2 map and the downpipe... I already have a SPT Intake and Exhaust... I guess as long as the stage2 map takes care of reprogramming the O2 sensors I should be okay... Do you know how much boost a stock 07WRX pushes?? and Running cobb Stage2??

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Once you get the AP installed it will remove any codes that the o2 sensors may throw, you'll have nothing to worry about. Enjoy.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
fulie1 said:
Even if your TB exhaust is catless the AP will make you pass emissions. :thumbup:
If it's only an OBDII port check - you will fail a visual/sniffer test ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a catless tbe, If cobb will eliminate o2 cel's why did the prevs owner of my car place a i believe its a resistor on the EGT sensor thing under the hood, or am i talking about 2 different things here?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention I was getting the AP with a stage 2 map and the downpipe... I already have a SPT Intake and Exhaust... I guess as long as the stage2 map takes care of reprogramming the O2 sensors I should be okay... Do you know how much boost a stock 07WRX pushes?? and Running cobb Stage2??
you may want to check compatibility w/ your SPT intake. I'm not sure that your SPT intake is compatible with the OTS stage 2 map. I think it may not be

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
antrock said:
you may want to check compatibility w/ your SPT intake. I'm not sure that your SPT intake is compatible with the OTS stage 2 map. I think it may not be
SPT/Cobb are both compatible, and I believe K&N is as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts