ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question reguarding COBB Stage 2 is what exactually do you need. Obviously the AccessPort, but what exhaust? I have heard conflicting remarks, such as a turboback exhaust (from the cobb website), but also dp/up/catback and other similar combinations. Are these both acceptable options, or will only the turboback exhaust work for the Accessport Stage 2 map.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Bman said:
My question reguarding COBB Stage 2 is what exactually do you need. Obviously the AccessPort, but what exhaust? I have heard conflicting remarks, such as a turboback exhaust (from the cobb website), but also dp/up/catback and other similar combinations. Are these both acceptable options, or will only the turboback exhaust work for the Accessport Stage 2 map.
Thanks in advance!
Both of those will work but really that because they are the same thing with just an uppipe being the difference. A Downpipe and catback is a Turbo Back Exhaust. so the only variable in what your saying is the uppipe, which cobb says is optional. but people will probably tell you it is better to run an aftermarket uppipe.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many cats can I get away with keeping on the turboback exhaust? 1?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
The Cobb Accessport will be fine with all cats in place. Or with no cats in place like i'm doing. The Accessport will supress the Check engine light codes when you run catless so it will still pass the emissions testing(as long as its not the sniffer, just the diagnostic port) just not the visual(but there are ways around the visual)>

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at this picture, if you replace the dp/catback, the midpipe and the cat are still stock. Would this still be considered a turboback exhaust if the midpipe is unchanged?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you read the Cobb website, yo will see that they say that you can run the Stage 2 with just a downpipe. However, you will be losing out on some power to a traditional turboback. If you're worried about cats, get a downpipe with a high-flow cat and get rid of the rest.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
removal of the cat or high flow is optimal. for emissions reasons you could get the midpipe replacement and just throw the stocker back on when heading in for emissions....

very quick and easy to do for the test then have a year of cat free fun.

either way will work, just the stock pipe'l interrupt the flow a touch obviously :)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
If you read the Cobb website, yo will see that they say that you can run the Stage 2 with just a downpipe. However, you will be losing out on some power to a traditional turboback. If you're worried about cats, get a downpipe with a high-flow cat and get rid of the rest.
That's right. I'm running Stage2 with the TXS Stealthback w/ a single high-flow cat and the stock axleback (stock uppipe too). It's plenty of power for me... For now. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do most dp's replace the midpipe?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Some do some dont. I have the Bosal and it dont. I just gutted my stock 3rd cat and the problem was fixed. Ones that replace the third will generally cost more.

I would personally save the money and get a Bosal from Dark Rex and gut the stock 3rd.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Invidia turboback :thumbup:

Invidia downpipe is teh win. Friend of mine has that setup and is really, really happy with it. Plus it looks/sounds amazing.

I'll have it on my car soon even if it plunges me deeper into cc debt! :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
Depends on your dealer - ask them.
Many think they have that power but in reality they dont. The only way an aftermarket part can void your warranty is if they can prove the part actually caused the failure. example your a/c quits working because an O-ring leaks, but they find you have an aftermarket exhaust system. FULL WARRANTY COVERABLE. You have an aftermarket fuel system and the pump dies causing you to run lean and you fry a piston NOT COVERED. There was a law passed in 1976 protecting consumers from bad dealers. But many dealers will try anything. just find a good dealer near you.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Fixxxer said:
That's right. I'm running Stage2 with the TXS Stealthback w/ a single high-flow cat and the stock axleback (stock uppipe too). It's plenty of power for me... For now. :)
Yep........

You wont worry bought that catted O.E.M upipe.....

You will be to busy watching things get blurry;)

Shotgun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts