ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 WRX with 26,000 miles and i have a COBB catted turboback, COBB intake, and accessport flashed to stage 2 91 oct. Me and my friend were cruisin around and i pulled out my accessport to see what kind of boost i was pushing. In 3rd and 4th gear the highest it would go is 13.2 but it would hold until i let off the gas. Now i have an appointment at COBB on feb. 5th for a protune. Do you think hey will be able to solve this problem or should i try and adjust the wastegate? any suggestions?

·
Registered
78 Posts
if your getting protuned then you can ask for as an aggressive tune as you'd like. If you want you can ask for 20psi mid range taper to 13 or 12 by redline. its up to you how safe you want your tune.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Wait for your protune and let the professionals decide what to do since you already have it scheduled.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they should be able to get me into target boost 15.7 without any problems? Thanks for your info guys..... Any people stage 2 have similar issues?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I read something on the Cobb website that said you wont get full potential unless you run the stage 2 map as a base map if you are only running it as a realtime map you wont see the full benefits from it. I'll try to find that and post it up.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
There are alternate maps for low and high boost conditions. Its all moot if you're getting a custom tune anyhow.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I dont know if this will help but here is what I was talking about in my other post

"Features such as defeated CELs and Closed Loop tables are not changed with Realtime.
This is why we highly recommend you running the Stage Base Map that best matches your
car's modification. Running the Stock Mode Base Map with a Stage Realtime map over it
will get you some of the improvements but no where NEAR what you would get if you
were to run the proper Stage Base map. "

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i have done the reflash not the realtime one. I have the catted tuboback and sf intake. I havent adjusted the wastegate at all manually or with the ap. i guess ill just wait to get the tune.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You could, in the meantime, try the HWG map. This was recommended to me by Cobb, as I was only able to hit about 13-14 psi. My first attempt with the HWG map running as a realtime map got me to 15 psi. I'm still working on it.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I adjusted the wastegate arm one and a half turns and it seems to work pretty well 14.8 in third 15.2 in 4th. i will let cobb get the rest

1 - 10 of 10 Posts