ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read plenty of threads here that delt with higher octanes and how an untuned car had no use for it, and how the stock turbo ran out of breath with higher octane.

I am on cobb stage 2/acceport and I added a bottle of octane booster to the last tank of gas. All I can say is, the difference is immediately perceptible. It was so stark, I got me wondering if my belief was psychosomatic!!

Now with higher octane the engine feels so very smooth and not at all jerky. I dread the first few minutes of ride every morning when the engine is cold.Today was so different ...

All I can say is, you gotta try it before you knock it. I cant believe that I didnt try this for 30,000 miles :eek:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
how high of an octane are you using? in any case, it will probably smooth things out, but you aren't picking up some serious power if your ecu is reflashed for 93 octane.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i hear its actually bad to do that....(and im not sure why)...but from what i hear after a full tank of high oct fuel the ECU doesnt correct very fast for the next full tankof lower oct fuel and the result is some knocking....thats just what i have heard....i guess its ok to do that like adding race fuel for 1/4 mile time but then after that tank of fuel resest the ECU.....HTH

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses, all.

The octance was just a standard octane booster bottle that you find in gas stations. The bottle said, that it can be added upto 20 gallon tanks of gas. I dont know how much it boosts the octane. I added it to a full talk of gas.

I was not expecting any difference, no hp gains without the tuning.

However the smoothness that I feel is incredulous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts