ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I do have this run on video, but my friend has to edit it and put it on a server.

I was driving my car, Ryan (STiGuy) was behind me in his STi, and we had an older Legacy 2.2L as a camera car. We were on Jericho Turnpike in Huntington and i come to a light next to this HUGE 300c. I launch, so does he. We are almost neck and neck with him inching away. We shut down at about 100 with my front tires at his front passenger doors.

I knew the new Hemi was fast, but this was the first time I saw it in action and it is a beast. Ryan then ran it with the STi and they shut down at about 65 with the STi about a half car length in front. We all gave eachother thumbs up and went on our seperate ways. It was a lot of good wholesome fun.

PS: i am stock with the Accessport Stage1 93 octane reflash.

can't wait to go stage 2.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
cool good run. They make a ton of power but they're also very heavy...

btw, what is cobb's website...seems like all the WRX guys are going the Cobb route now. Any particular reason, or are they just really good??

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Those 300C's pull in similar trap speeds as an STi, so from a roll, I believe who ever hits it first will win. Even more important for the STi driver, since he/she has to shift.

I like them:)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
i raced one in the sl500 before i left for greece, and we were neck to neck. it seemed as if i started to pull over 100. i would like to race one with my r32. they are good for high 13's but mostly high low 14's, plus their traps are around 100mphs, i didnt think they hit more, thats why the sti still has an advantage. does anyone have any idea what they trap at for sure?

peter

·
Registered
188 Posts
99-102mph or so. Looking forward to the SRT-8 versions with another 80HP and 40 lbs-ft of torque, with minimal if any at all weight gain. And of course a 6MT!

-B

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Cobb Stage 1 vs Hemi 300C

DTR rex said:
was the race with stiguy off the line? If so he should have pulled a considerable amount more. the 300C is fast, but nonetheless only good for VERY high 13's.
they went from a 25-30mph roll

·
Registered
841 Posts
Aren't those 300c's automatics? Not bad...

·
Registered
664 Posts
ive heard from the local dodge dealer, that a larger displacement version of the hemi is due next model year, and it will be over 6 liters and at least 440 hp

Correcting myself, found some info...

·
Registered
664 Posts
"The Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept vehicle takes the Hemi one step further, with a Whipple supercharger to add power at both low and high rpm. It helps to raise power to about 430 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque - just a tad more than the official ratings of the legendary 426 Hemi, and without the single-digit gas mileage or oil consumption."

·
Registered
841 Posts
MidnightFLAT4 said:
"The Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept vehicle takes the Hemi one step further, with a Whipple supercharger to add power at both low and high rpm. It helps to raise power to about 430 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque - just a tad more than the official ratings of the legendary 426 Hemi, and without the single-digit gas mileage or oil consumption."
Wow! :eek: Sounds like a M5 Killer to me!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Great race with the stg I :thumbup: Its amazing what those AP will do to our cars. My wife's Cobb stg II can hange with my Sti from a roll. So I'm not really surprise that you did so well.

Now get it up to Stg II!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts