Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just purchased the Stage 1 kit for my 19 WRX Limited and was thinking about upgrading to Stage 2 after the install.
I will not be tracking the car, just using it as my daily driver and wanted more power.
Can someone with a similar setup please share the numbers gained?
For the exhaust I was looking at the subaru titanium 3" cat back exhaust
For the down pipe I was looking at the subaru ss 3" j pipe resonated
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before.

Thanks!

Ian

·
BooSTIng
2,260 Posts
On cobbs website it shows a base map of estimated hp and trq gains with their stage 2 package. Looks like right around 280whp and 315wtrq.

I would highly recommend a pro tune to get the most benefit out of any performance mods. Cobbs maps are okay, and considered safe. But I remember on my old wrx the cobb map was giving me random feedback knock events. After I got it pro tuned the power curve was much smoother, the feedback knock was next to non-existent, and the car just felt better. Remember, nothing will ever beat a real professional tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On cobbs website it shows a base map of estimated hp and trq gains with their stage 2 package. Looks like right around 280whp and 315wtrq.

I would highly recommend a pro tune to get the most benefit out of any performance mods. Cobbs maps are okay, and considered safe. But I remember on my old wrx the cobb map was giving me random feedback knock events. After I got it pro tuned the power curve was much smoother, the feedback knock was next to non-existent, and the car just felt better. Remember, nothing will ever beat a real professional tune.
Thank you for the information! You're car is ridiculously gorgeous!

·
Registered
15 Posts

What's your take on e-tunes? If one doesn't have easy access or just doesn't want to pay the protune price. Although these types of car's cost $ - $$$ for mods, etc. which should be factored in when buying a car like ours.

·
BooSTIng
2,260 Posts
E-tune is your next best bet compared to a protune. But make no mistake, is absolutely no replacement.

·
Æternum
15,675 Posts
"Stage 2" should have no real surprises. An E-tune could be just as good as a dyno tune IF(and this is a big IF) the tuner puts in the time to make it right.

A dynomometer becomes irreplaceable in circumstances where a base map isn't a good fit -- where MBT is not well known and loads where the engine isn't knock limited. MBT timing is damn near impossible to find on the road and easy on a dyno.

Reactions: Raf702
1 - 7 of 7 Posts