ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. I recently started modding my 2020 wrx MT. I got a Cobb accessport v3, Cobb Big SF CAI, and Boomba BPV. The install was fairly easy, tuned the car and the power difference is decent, love the power throughout the entire powerband now, however the issue is when I shift. I was under the impression that the tune would minimize the rev hang, if that even is what is happening with my car. Between every gear at high rpms, (switching fast) but especially 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The car lunges back and forth pretty violently before regaining momentum. It is definitely worse than the stock tune. I'm running the 93 octane stage 1 + Big SF tune. Peak boost is 23.1, af ratio is around 14.5 driving normally and low 10's WOT. The only knock event I've seen is -1.41.

I've watched a lot of youtube videos and nobody else seems to have this issue that I can tell. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just plugged my cobb accessport into my computer for the first time, had a massive firmware update which also updated my stage 1 + big sf 93 octane map. I reflashed the car, and boom, smoother idle, noticable power gain, and no more jerkiness between shifts. Guess it wasn't me after all.

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
I stand by my opinion of the situation. Lack of proper rev matching when the clutch is engaged. Bucking doesn't happen when you meet the properly rpm and ease out of the clutch. It happens when you yank to the next gear and dump it.

I'm glad you figured it out, but if you've been driving a manual that long you would be aware you adapt to the vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries, everyone has opinions. You should word your advice / lack there of a little better for the next forum-goer. Unless you're going for the douchebag vibe. In that case... don't change a thing!

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
There is nothing in any recent map note that would change anything with how the system responds. It's all available on their website. The update was to the battery life and fine tuning boost threshold in the hwg and lwg maps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The following v360 files have all been updated to take advantage of CCFv2 features such as Per-Gear Boost and Ignition Control, MAF Simple, IAT alternate source, and Closed Loop Fueling which provide a much more consistent and reliable calibration. This ECU type also includes the latest Subaru ECU logic/calibration for the DIT WRX, including battery life improvements for 2015-2017 WRX. Since their initial release at v350, 2020 WRX maps receive minor updates to boost control, boost limit, ignition timing air temp correction, and fueling. ..... I think it was a little more than battery life and boost threshold in the hwg / lwg maps.. but ok.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,129 Posts
Guys let's keep it friendly please. I've had a long day. Tomorrow's another day, let's stay cool please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@OP,

As a side note, when it comes to software of any kind, ensure that you have the latest release updates before proceeding. This ensures that you have the latest build, that may address any issues/pitfalls in the software.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts