ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 wrx just has an spt intake and an spt cat-back... would it be worth it to run stage 1 with the cobb ap or should i just wait for the dp and jump to stage 2...?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Will you be going with an AP when you go stage 2?

If so, the stage 1 tune is better than the factory tune in the mean time, but a custom map for it will always be better. I'd save the money for a custom stage 2 map however.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ill be running the AP stage 2, but do plan on a protune... just figured id see if i can do a little something untill igot an extra $1,000 for the cobb dp and a protune lol.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Personally, I think it's a big waste of money to buy an AP if you're just going to get a protune eventually anyway. Any money you spend on the AP is like taking money away from the $1,000 you need for the dp and tune. The AP will be useless after the tune, but you can always sell it though of course.

I would wait until you get the dp and then get a protune.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
^The new firmware update for the AP is great, and I use mine frequently to monitor live data and do some basic logging. Won't argue that it's not the most cost effective solution however, and before the latest firmware I didn't like it as much as I do now.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I have an AP myself and love it. I wasn't saying anything negative about the AP at all. I love mine, but I don't plan on getting a protune anytime soon.

Just for the OP I think it's a waste of money if he plans on going for a protune.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Do you not have to own an AP to get the Protune in the first place? Or are you talking about a custom tune based on open source stuff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts