ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 wrx. i'm running a stage 2 tune with a cobb ap and have a tb exhaust. I want to install an intake next and to make things easier i'm gonna get a cobb sf intake so i can tune the car for it with the accessport. I'm just curious if this is a good intake and if anyone has had any problems with it. does it create acceleration lag/ turbo lag or any problems like that? also if anyone has had good benefits from it. thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. is the airbox really necessary? its like 100 dollars more. its basically just to keep the intake from the heat right?

·
Registered
159 Posts
i got the air intake and airbox from kronosperformance, the intake sounds amazing , i installed the kit in about 25 minutes since it was my first time doing it had to adjust the snorkel a little bit. when you step on the gas you can hear it sucking air in ( atleast i do since thats the only mod i have ).

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Dean wrx said:
ok thanks. is the airbox really necessary? its like 100 dollars more. its basically just to keep the intake from the heat right?
If you buy the Cobb SF intake, you want the airbox as well. If you don't want to buy both the SF/airbox, look into the AEM CAI, which also has a Cobb AP map.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The AEM is a better intake since it's not oiled and is a cold air and not short ram intake.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
There is no debate..... :rolleyes: :screwy: :p :tongue:
Just messing. We all know that neither is needed at these power levels anyway. Did anyone ever do a MAF (g/s and temp) comparison of the two?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Just messing. We all know that neither is needed at these power levels anyway. Did anyone ever do a MAF (g/s and temp) comparison of the two?
StageII VFXX cars? An intake wont do much without a custom tune, but are worth it if getting a custom one done

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Well as the world's biggest anti-intake person, I'm very hard to convince they're needed. However, for some reason the 2011 cars seem to respond much better to intakes than earlier models. I found so much information about them making a difference that I actually put one on one of my cars for the first time in almost 15 years...

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Dude I'm the worst... I'll buy something with excitement and it'll sit... it took me almost 2 months before the bushings went on lol. Sorry to thread-jack...
I've got parts which have been collecting dust a lot longer than two months :redface;

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Question related to original post and direction: Can you put an AEM "dryflow" filter on the Cobb SFI? Same diameter right? I think that would be the best of both worlds....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts