ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a quick question on the SF intake from Cobb. I installed mine last night and all went well. No problems as it was pretty easy and self explanatory. However, I wanted to use the stock intake funnel which slides into the 'box' that cobb sells. What I noticed is that the factory funnel can really just bounce around. there's nothing holding it in place as the cobb box isn't designed to limit it's movement. Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a huge deal and I've thought about a couple ways of modifying both to keep the intake secure but would require drilling. I just feel Cobb could have designed the box a little better considering what they charge for it.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The scoop is held down by two clips on the rad. shroud. The rest of it just kid of sits in the Cobb box. No issue there though. It's not going to fall out or anything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I actually have to really mess with mine to get it out of the box.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The scoop is held down by two clips on the rad. shroud. The rest of it just kid of sits in the Cobb box. No issue there though. It's not going to fall out or anything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I actually have to really mess with mine to get it out of the box.
Yeah, i know it can't fall out and i do have it properly attached to the radiator support. It's just that the rear of the funnel just lays in the intake box and i can move it up and down a good 3". I just think it's a bad design that's all. Cobb could have done a better job integrating the factory funnel into the box that's all.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Shouldnt be an issue, i havent had any problems with mine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts