ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys what's up, just got a really quick question:

I know the Cobb sf filter is an oiled filter, but does it come pre-oiled or do I have to spray the filter or what's the deal? No experience whatsoever with oiled/dry filters so I wanted to make sure before I install the intake tomorrow :)

And how often does it have to be re-oiled/cleaned??

Thanks guys!

·
Registered Whippersnapper
4,884 Posts
I have one of those on my '04.

It comes pre-oiled from the factory. To maintain it, I remove the filter once every summer and clean it per Cobb's instruction and then re-oil it with a K&N filter recharge kit available at any Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. I also like to clean the MAF sensor while I have the filter out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one of those on my '04.

It comes pre-oiled from the factory. To maintain it, I remove the filter once every summer and clean it per Cobb's instruction and then re-oil it with a K&N filter recharge kit available at any Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. I also like to clean the MAF sensor while I have the filter out.
Sweet thanks for the quick reply man, appreciate it, have a good Christmas!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's a good question. I ordered Cobb's Intake as well and the filter does not look oiled. If I press my finger against the cotton material and the metal grill, I don't see any sign of oil residue on my finger. It actually looks dry. Makes me wonder if Cobb finally switched to a dryFlow filter. Probably not because the instructions still say to oil the filter after each cleaning. I'm going to have to call Cobb directly to find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts