ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got my Cobb SF intake yesterday. I was installing it when i realized that i need the factory air hose that comes off the throttle body. I just slid the cobb intake into the little rubber elbow that comes off the throttle body and tightened it up with a gear clamp. seems to be working fine only, it's hanging loosely as i couldn't fasten it to anything.

Seeing as how i spent a few weeks unsuccessfully trying to get someone to hook me up with a factory intake, i imagine it will be even harder to get just the hose off the throttle body. Anyone have any ideas as to what i should do? I don't imagine there will be any adverse effects from just letting the intake sit there loose as it doesn't really move around much but, seems a bit ghetto to me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
after a bit of searching around i think i may have answered my own question. i'm need a post MAF hose. Does anyone know if running this intake without any post MAF hose is bad? I'm having a hard time trying to justify spending $75 +shipping on the cobb post MAF hose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess what i'm after is: is this hose 100% necessary? and if so, can i just use any type of hose/piping/tube to make this work? I understand that having post MAF hose puts the cobb intake into where it was specifically designed to be placed and the mounting bracket provided can be used. Furthermore, it will be in a "cooler air" spot.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Some could get confused if you are saying you have the intake connected to the throttle body...that's where the intercooler should be...post up some pics so we can see your situation a little better :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some could get confused if you are saying you have the intake connected to the throttle body...that's where the intercooler should be...post up some pics so we can see your situation a little better :)
heh, sorry. i meant turbo inlet hose, NOT the throttle body. too used to working on hondas ^^.

edit: i'm missing the corrugated hose between the turbo inlet hose and the actual intake. it's the corrugated pipe in this picture:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts