ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting married tomorrow and decided to buy myself a wedding present. I broke down and traded my 08 wrx to a 2011 sti. Well, I have a COBB Accessport for my wrx and COBB says that I had to uninstall the map from my old car (which I did, correctly) and install it into the new one. This should sync right up, right?!? NOPE..not even registering. So, is this correct info the guy gave me or it is just a line of bs...thoughts??:screwy:

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Same P/N on their website for the '08WRX / '11STI AP.

Call Cobb. They supposedly have good customer service.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
did you connect the green test connectors? Dumb question but.. Hey people forget. Congrats on the funeral

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I bought an AP for my 2011 wrx used from a guy who had it on his 08 wrx(same model no AP-SUB-003) It was unmarried.

I did not see any mention in your post about you downloading the maps from the Cobb Website.I downloaded the 2011 maps from the Cobb Website & everything is working just fine.

Maps for 2011 STI http://accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/sti/STI-Map-Grid.html

Also there are no green connectors on the newer models,just connect directly to the OBD-II port.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I would think you need to get the STi maps and software onto the AP to make it work, and you probably need to update the AP and AP manager to first...

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just tried it and it was giving me an error saying "operation invalid for current device state." I was thinking that I'll need to update this thing, I'll try that and hopefully it works!! Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts