ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn, so i ordered my cobb stage 2...
and they say

Thank you for your online order. We expect to ship your AccessPort within 4-6 weeks* and your exhaust within 6-8 weeks*. We will be charging 50% of the AccessPort for the initial deposit.

it's going to take that long just to ship out the turboback exhaust and accessport??
that sucks, i want more power nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:(

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
uppipe would be a good start regardless.

cobb hasnt tuned for aftermarket headers on their AP maps as far as i know so poke around nd find out if thats a good idea/worth it

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
try looking around for an accessport. some say they have them in stock. just the other day, a vendor had 8.

6-8 weeks for just a muffler? call them back and tell them to foff. then go buy it somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
i forgot about just getting from a vendor, hes right.

snow - the deal with teh wait on their TBEs is the DP and their metal people not pouring the bellmouths right...worth the wait if youre patient enough.

·
Registered
638 Posts
There are enough vendors with accessports and other cobb stuff in stock that you have to be crazy to still wait weeks and months for an accessport. I waited four days for mine. Cancel your orders through cobb and go through a place like subaru of dallas (aka www.hotsubaru.com) An forget the header, its not necessary, especially with cobb maps.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
gusto said:
i forgot about just getting from a vendor, hes right.

snow - the deal with teh wait on their TBEs is the DP and their metal people not pouring the bellmouths right...worth the wait if youre patient enough.
didn't know this. I thought we were talking just a muffler, etc.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm....hot subaru has what i want, but i want cobb's turboback without any cats and they only have the one with a cat...
and i want cobb's turboback exhaust

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
*if* they have it all in stock, that stage 3 package is a killer deal!

and in NJ dont you have emissions and such?? you will lose minimal HP with their high flow vs the hastle of inspection with no cats. just a thought!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
ps--you could always swap out the catted for catless if you dont want to wait. trey made it sound like itll be a while before the ycatch up on DP orders b/c of the issue with the metal guys...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aiye....crazy cobb....

so what other TBE do you recommend..
i want top gains and good sound
then i could just get the accessport from hot subaru

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
im sure some people can give reviews on theirs, and also just hit up a search.

i have a peiced together TB (well, i WILL after this weekend) so i cant really comment on that for ya.

it really depends on what your tastes are for sound/cosmetics to be honest though.

you can do a helix TBE for cheap and it sounds good as well. quality parts also.

search around for some sound clips here and at nasioc to get an idea

edit: i would order teh AP asap. you can use it on a completely stock car and youll notice the difference. then just reflash as you go!!! get on teh AP though before theyre gone again

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
yeah you dont need the headers and the AP isnt tuned for it.

a buddy has headers and all other piping on his sti and its super nice but youll have to go with a different EM to really get top performance. plus headers have been a weird issue and i dont beleive they show a TON of gain over all.

the turboxs is nice, and another friend absolutely loves his nvidia tbe...lots of options for ya!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts