ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know there might be many forums about this but im very indecisive at the moment, i wanted to know which intake i should go with Cobb or Grimmspeed, i wanted to know if id have hp and torque gains from either one and if it does how much? i rebuilt my engine recently, gave it some forged pistons, killer b pick up, new head studs, etc.
I do have a Cobb AP but its not in use because i have a pro tune. this is for my 2013 wrx so if anyone could help thatd be great!

·
12,300 Posts
You need whatever intake they used to pro tune it.

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
If you install one of those intakes, the car will need to be retuned.

Is that worth another $500 to you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
190 Posts
Either intake will only probably net you a few hp, so I would go with whatever one you think looks better/sounds better. But yes, if you change up whatever intake was on your car during its last tune, you will need to retune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean ive heard stock intakes were just as good so im asking around to see what i should do. i dont mind getting it retuned because im going to get it retuned again because of the turboback exhaust i had ordered so doesnt make a difference

·
12,300 Posts
i mean ive heard stock intakes were just as good so im asking around to see what i should do. i dont mind getting it retuned because im going to get it retuned again because of the turboback exhaust i had ordered so doesnt make a difference
If you want to spend an additional 500 for the intake, then an additional 500 when you get the exhaust on top of the 1000 for the intake and accessport, then 1000 for the exhaust you do you but paying 50% more is a little odd.

You have to have a tune specific to the brand of intake you have, each one is different and require different maf scaling. Cobb products are supported by their AP and they offer off the shelf tunes for them at no charge.

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
Define "as good."

You won't likely gain any appreciable horsepower with just an intake. If you are like me and others, you might appreciate the induction noise that an intake provides.

Since you have already been protuned, talk to your tuner and determine their recommendation. The tuner may have mapped enough of one of those two intakes on your platform to modify the map without having to redyno your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts