Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a 17 WRX base currently at Cobb Stage 1 (intake and tune). I really want to go to Cobb Stage 2 (Intake, Downpipe, and tune). My big worry though is about passing inspection. I would definitely get the catted J-pipe, but I'm wondering if that would fail any kind of inspection in my area. I know there are a million threads on this topic, but I live in the Hampton Roads area. Virginia's official DMV page says the following:

Your vehicle must meet Virginia's emissions inspection requirements if it is garaged in one of the localities listed below:

* Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, or Stafford
* Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas or Manassas Park
So it seems that only Northern Virginia requires emissions inspection. They even have a page where you can enter your VIN to see a history of emissions inspection, neither my WRX nor my family's other cars has entries in that database.

So, to my fellow Hampton Roads (SE Virginia) residents, have you had any problems with inspection on a stage 2 WRX? Also, for what it is worth, I get my inspections done at the Subaru dealer I purchased it from.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts