ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that this part requires tuning but I had a thought. I was viewing some universal ethanol monitors and it would be nice to be able to have a reading of my actual percentage but I currently have no problem blending my own e30. So my question is this:

Could I install this but not use it for flex fuel yet, just use it to monitor my percentage?

If no, would I just need to use a universal with a standalone ecu box?

Thanks!

·
10,686 Posts
What precisely is your goal with monitoring it? This is a topic where questions like this usually mean someone is about to start playing with fire

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
368 Posts
What precisely is your goal with monitoring it? This is a topic where questions like this usually mean someone is about to start playing with fire
I’m guessing he’s already throwing a couple of gallons of E85 in his tank and wants to be sure he’s not pushing it?

·
10,686 Posts
I’m guessing he’s already throwing a couple of gallons of E85 in his tank and wants to be sure he’s not pushing it?
That's what I'd worry about. These cars are not flex fuel ready and shooting for higher than 10% is bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I just want to be sure. I am adding some from a flex fuel pump so I have to test it first. Ours here varies quite a bit apparently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts