ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. I'm planning on getting a complete COBB exhaust system (Including the up pipe) in my 02' and I'm just wondering if I should be worried about failing an emissions test in the New York state? Its going to be a lot of money to buy it and get it installed and i dont know of anyone in this state who are actually using COBB so i just wanted to know if it would be safe to go ahead.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
NY requires a visual check of the ECDs as part of the inspection, which means you can fail for removal/modification.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just a quick question. I'm planning on getting a complete COBB exhaust system (Including the up pipe) in my 02' and I'm just wondering if I should be worried about failing an emissions test in the New York state? Its going to be a lot of money to buy it and get it installed and i dont know of anyone in this state who are actually using COBB so i just wanted to know if it would be safe to go ahead.
It really depends if you know somebody that works in a shop that can over look being cat less, also having the right mods to not throw a cel. I love my Cobb tbe, very clean and sporty sounding. Deff not loud or a cop magnet. Where about in ny are you?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You will fail unless you or someone you know cheat the system. Tampering with the emissions system will fail an emission check in any state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts