ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but why are there such large differences in baseline torque and hp in the two? It also says they are using the same Dyno system.
It seems the stage 1 gives a bigger tq spike at 240+ which the stage 2 doesn't even come close.

What's the deal?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It's all about the area under the curve, not the peaks.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all about the area under the curve, not the peaks.
well, what is the difference in the two areas under the curve(looking for numerical response)? Other than a visual reference, I don't have much to go by. Maybe cobb will send me a function for each of the curves so i can integrate them LAWLLLLLL.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but why are there such large differences in baseline torque and hp in the two? It also says they are using the same Dyno system.
It seems the stage 1 gives a bigger tq spike at 240+ which the stage 2 doesn't even come close.

What's the deal?
One is the earlier '02-05 WRX 2.0L, the other is the '06+ WRX 2.5L. You're comparing the Stage 1 map of the 2.5L block to the Stage 2 map of the 2.0L block.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One is the earlier '02-05 WRX 2.0L, the other is the '06+ WRX 2.5L. You're comparing the Stage 1 map of the 2.5L block to the Stage 2 map of the 2.0L block.
Damn it...i knew i was going to look like a n00b on here somehow!!!!:screwy:
thanks for the correction!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow - does the 2.5L block really give you more than 30hp more at the wheels and about 60 lb-ft more torque (stock)??? I mean, I realize that different ambient conditions etc make a difference, but does a stage 2 2.0L WRX really have less torque than a completely stock 2.5L?

What's the deal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts