ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had originally Planned on goin with the Cobb downPipe for my 07 wrx... If I'm getting a protune anyway is it worth spending the 600 for Cobb or should I reconsider and go with something else?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Cobb makes the best DP on the market. They're the only ones using a cast iron merge collector for instance. Their build quality is the best. You get a catted pipe instead of uncatted, which reduces the risk of boost creep and also can keep you in compliance with emissions laws in states that do visual cat inspections. I also think they have the best sound of any DP on the market. It's not just the mufflers that make your car sound like it does. The DP plays a big part in that. But you pay a premium for a lot of little things that don't add power over cheaper options. Because of that, most people don't spend the extra $200 or so over an Invidia or other brands that aren't catted, are made of cheaper materials, and don't have as good a build quality. It's really up to you in terms of whether you're the type of person that always wants the best, or you'll be happy with a slightly cheaper option that gives you the same amount of power.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cobb it is then... I deff don't wanna cheap out on my ride. And I want the best sound and results possible, I guess the extra few hundred is there for a reason. Thanks for your input...

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Cobb makes a quality part, but so does Invidia.

The HFC will not help you pass visual in NY for any tech that actually cares.

One advantage to Cobb over others is that it tapers (I believe you have an SPT catback, which also tapers).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I have the spt catback... Ok cool thanks man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts