Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking to change the exhaust on my 2016 wrx and have been watching videos of different exhaust systems but struggling to come to a conclusion. I've read that the cobb 3" catback exhaust gives out a good sound, doesn't drone, uses 304ss, is relatively easy to install and doesn't void manufacturer's warranty. Most catback exhausts are within a $200 range of each other so it's hard to decide.

Would be great if I could get some suggestions! Pretty excited about this considering it will be my first mod so wanna make sure I pick the right one!

Thanks

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Internet advice and audio/video clips can give you an idea, but your best bet is to show up at a local meet and hear the different exhausts people have in-person.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I am leaning heavily towards the resonated ETS quiet CBE. Not looking for something that'll piss off my neighbors, but want something that sounds good when I open it up a little bit.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
1,906 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking to change the exhaust on my 2016 wrx and have been watching videos of different exhaust systems but struggling to come to a conclusion. I've read that the cobb 3" catback exhaust gives out a good sound, doesn't drone, uses 304ss, is relatively easy to install and doesn't void manufacturer's warranty. Most catback exhausts are within a $200 range of each other so it's hard to decide.

Would be great if I could get some suggestions! Pretty excited about this considering it will be my first mod so wanna make sure I pick the right one!

Thanks
If you don't want drone, I highly recommend a CBE with a resonator option. I found that even the stock exhaust droned a bit on the FA20 WRX.

I'm in the same boat as you. I am leaning heavily towards the resonated ETS quiet CBE. Not looking for something that'll piss off my neighbors, but want something that sounds good when I open it up a little bit.
For example...this is an excellent choice and I love mine. :thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought a COBB CBE slightly used. Its a bit louder than stock and zero drone anywhere. I wouldnt mind it being a little louder but my neighbors prob appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts