ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys?

I picked up a Cobb 3" cat-back from Passen Motorsports here in Columbus, Ohio. The exhaust is very good quality and fits perfectly even with the rear diff. protector. The sound is great! It is somewhat mellow at idle. Sounds deep and rumbly when you push on the fun pedal. The car definately feels like it has picked up power in the mid and high rpm range. The ol' buttometer says something to the tune of 15-20HP. As you know, buttometers aren't that accurate but that is my take on it.

In summary, it is a great exhaust, fits perfectly and gives great gains. If your close to Columbus, Passen Motorsports can hook you up with Cobb products and they were great to deal with.

Later,

Dale

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey Dale we have to get together again soon so i can take some more pics of your car! I just got a godspeed up-pipe and a SBC-id for my future WRX. Its only a matter of months before i have one :cool:

·
4,769 Posts
Right now my wagon is looking pretty stock apart from the titanium exhaust. I have the stock springs/wheels/tires for winter. My 18 inch Volks just shipped out so I should have them next week although they will just sit there till April. I will be installing my STi injectors/PE fuel pump/upgraded Unichip next week. My clutch/flywheel will go in soon thereafter.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
will you be dyno-ing after every step? i know that's a lot to ask, but that would be an awesome tool for tuners to come...

dR

·
4,769 Posts
Nope. I dyno'd it with my previous setup and will again with the blitz IC and the injectors later on. Maybe I'll dyno with and without the silencer on the exhaust but otherwise I see little point in dynoing each single piece. This car is easy to see when you make power.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan,

I didn't really check out Cobb's downpipe. I will probably go with the scooby sport downpipe. Do you know if it is 2.5" or 3"? Who has a 3" downpipe?

Black99GT,

Man, I apologize but I don't remember your name. Yeah, we can get together and take some more pics if you like. I see you have some parts for your future car already. I plan on mounting my gauges next and then doing an up-pipe. I got the factory gauge hood and the plate to mount 3 52mm gauges in it. I'm going with Boost, A/F, and EGT. I will probably do an oil pressure and water temp. also. I will probably put those in the Autometer instrument bezel. Lemme know when you want to get together again.

later,

Dale

·
Registered
477 Posts
Whenever you want.. on a wends. is better because there is light for my camera.. :) I can crank the res and take some pics for you to put on your desktop as well... let me know.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Baluchitherium4 said:
I didn't really check out Cobb's downpipe. I will probably go with the scooby sport downpipe. Do you know if it is 2.5" or 3"? Who has a 3" downpipe?
I believe the ScoobySport downpipe is 2.5" inner diameter, and will bolt on to your stock pipes. A 3" downpipe won't. As far as I can tell, the APS/Cobb downpipe is part of its own entire system. That is, if you want the downpipe, you have to get the whole shebang. I'm not sure if it'll bolt onto the Cobb cat-back exhaust, which is made by Stromung, by the way.

Both downpipes have the open "bell mouth" exhaust inlet. I believe Godspeed's downpipe has a separate wastegate inlet. It's still debated which is better.

Personally, I'm waiting and hoping that ScoobySport makes their downpipe with a cat in it. I'll get that and bolt it right on to my Stromung pipes!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Dear God,

My apologies. I stand corrected.

I'm surprised the ScoobySport looked so bad.

When are you coming out with your USDM downpipe then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts