ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Technically yes, but all of the pre-loaded maps for it will be for the STi, so you'd have to delete all of those and load on the WRX specific maps for it.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
No problem. Good luck bud :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
And the maps can be downloaded for free from the Cobb website.

And said AP will have to be unmarried.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Not sure how the new ones come from the factory, but the SUB-002 v.2 AP for the 06-07 WRX/STI worked for both models and had preloaded maps for both the models...not sure how that'd apply to now though so...yeah.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
AP comes with zero preloaded maps. You will have to load pertinent maps on your own either way.

Good thing they're about 10 kb and require zero technical knowledge to put on the device.

What? Where do you get that from?....It comes with pre-loaded maps for your specific car.

For instance, its the same AP whether you order an STi or WRX, what's different are the pre-loaded maps on each. That's the whole reason you have so specify your model when you order an AP.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Oh boyyyyy.......and I saw your ninja edit where you said that "I should only let people who own AP's reply instead of guessing".

Well, let me first start off by saying that I DO own an AP, thank you for inquiring. I have helped several friends unbox and tune their car with the PRELOADED stg1 maps. While it is a "general tool" it isn't a wrench. It's specifically for your year/make/model.

That wonderful link you posted, you had to select what model car you have to get to that link. Hmm why do you think that is?? Which is what determines what maps are preloaded on the AP. (sti/wrx/foresterxt/legacy/outbackgt)

There are basic maps preloaded on it. The HWG and LWG ones are not pre-loaded. The intake maps aren't preloaded. Valet, economy, stg1, ACN, ect are preloaded. I never said that ALL maps were preloaded did I?

I think you should learn the ropes around here first before going around and arguing about something, especially when you're wrong. You initially quoted me and said that:
AP comes with zero preloaded maps. You will have to load pertinent maps on your own either way.
Well, you're wrong.

By the way, read this, it's a copy+pasted description of the AP, it's an interesting read:

Base Maps- Preloaded from Cobb for the most common modifications for your STi. Each map has been vigorously tested in various facilities across the country to insure safe and proper operation of your STi no matter the climate, altitude, fuel octane or fuel quality variables you may operate in.

and here's another one, copied directly from: http://www.cobbtuning.com/Subaru-AccessPORT-p/ap-sub-003.htm#/v/accessport/features-simple-installation

"The AccessPORT comes preloaded with several performance maps for common modifications, and includes access to a free online database of additional Off-The-Shelf maps. "

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Wow calm down buddy...

MINE that I OWNED came preloaded with all those maps for the cars...but as I mentioned, it was for the last generation, so who knows if it could have been the same. All you had to do was clarify, and thank you for that.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Step 1: go to cobbtuning.com
Step 2: select accessport and your vehicle. Note the URL of the page you go to.
Step 3: try selecting a different vehicle and see the URL is no different before, realize you landed on the same exact page and that the order process is generic.
Step 4: come to grips with the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.
Step 5: repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.

I think getting one of these would help you clear up your confusion.
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess you're right. Cobb only put that they come pre-loaded with base maps for your vehicle on their website for no reason. I didn't know that you knew more than Cobb about their product.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Wow calm down buddy...

MINE that I OWNED came preloaded with all those maps for the cars...but as I mentioned, it was for the last generation, so who knows if it could have been the same. All you had to do was clarify, and thank you for that.
They do come pre-loaded, every new out of the box one I've opened has has maps loaded for that specific car. WRX or STi (obviously the maps are different). Idk who this guy is or why he want's to fight to the death with me.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
This, incase you missed my edit.
In-case you can't read:
Technically yes, but all of the pre-loaded maps for it will be for the STi, so you'd have to delete all of those and load on the WRX specific maps for it.
What that means that is he is buying an AP from someone (used) for an STi; that the pre-loaded maps (for the STi) will not work for his WRX. Which is why he would have to delete them and load the WRX specific ones on it.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Reesh - You're wrong.

Op- Listen to xFalleNx, They are right

/Thread

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The OP is in all probability looking to get a used AP being sold by someone who had a 2011/2012 STI.He in all probability gives a hoot in what form it came from the original seller.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The P/N for an AP is the same for the 2011-12 WRX and 2011-12 STI; it will be usable on either car.

The arguing about pre-loaded maps needs to stop...

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
They do come pre-loaded, every new out of the box one I've opened has has maps loaded for that specific car. WRX or STi (obviously the maps are different). Idk who this guy is or why he want's to fight to the death with me.
That's what I was thinking...its not like a little device like that doesn't have ample flash memory anyway...they've been coming with preloaded maps since their inception with the V1s...

So much freakin hositility in Club Dub today :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The OP is in all probability looking to get a used AP being sold by someone who had a 2011/2012 STI.He in all probability gives a hoot in what form it came from the original seller.
Agreed.

Just to clarify, all I was saying is that the AP for the 11-12 STi is fully compatible with the 11-12 WRX. You just need to take off the STi maps and put on the WRX maps. It seems that the OP understood me clearly.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The P/N for an AP is the same for the 2011-12 WRX and 2011-12 STI; it will be usable on either car.

The arguing about pre-loaded maps needs to stop...
Sorry, I just didn't want the OP to go and try to flash an STi map on his WRX, and it just annoys me when someone insults me and they're wrong anyway. I'm sorry if that got out of hand.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
No, once you update the AP it has all maps for 08+ vehicles, it chooses your available maps thru the vin programmed to the ecu

Good thing they're about 10 kb and require zero technical knowledge to put on the device.
Wrong, the AP comes loaded with maps for vehicles the part number is designed for

What? Where do you get that from?....It comes with pre-loaded maps for your specific car.

For instance, its the same AP whether you order an STi or WRX, what's different are the pre-loaded maps on each. That's the whole reason you have so specify your model when you order an AP.
Somewhat correct, the AP for STi/WRX is the same for 08+

Yes

1 - 20 of 42 Posts