ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be getting my AP today....waited 2 months.
I have full exhaust and i want to run Stage 2.
How do I first set it up.....Stage 1 as my base map and Stage 2 as my real time map?
Or can you start out with the Stage 2 as the base map?

I've read that some people on here tried out these different setups.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
if youre running UP & full TBE then go with stage II as your base map. 93 octane if you have access to it.

then use the real times for switching.

thats def the best way to go

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
right now im running stage I 93 as base until this weekend (hopefully) to put in my DP & UP, then ill be running stage II 93 oct as base.

i just have all the standard maps loaded on that it came with. i dont need any of the extras yet nor will i for a while

i regularily switch between base and anti theft map A for real time maps.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Also, as I understand it, if you're running stage 1 with a TBE, the map will NOT eliminate thrown cels because the sensor thresholds haven't been upped in that map to do so. Stage 2, however, will prevent cels.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool.....thanks for the comments. I do have an UP and TBE (bosal DP with stock cat) so i'll run the Stage 2. As for the CEL's, I installed the PEP MIL eliminator on the O2 sensor for mid cat.....i dont think this will cause any problems.

I recieved it yesterday after work. What other functions can this thing do that are NOT mentioned in the instruction manual. I read somewhere you can get boost readings??.....but then again you're not supposed to have this plugged in while driving?

·
Registered
986 Posts
it will read real time boost, that feature is in the manual, and you can have it plugged in while driving. watch the plug while driving it can be hit with your legs / knees. it actually sticks out from the obdII port a ways.

·
Registered
986 Posts
oh and you really don't need the MIL eliminator. cobb raised the parameters for the rear o2 sensor so it should not throw a cat inefficiency CEL. i have had my stage 2 installed for a month now on my sti with no CEL's

it will only read CEL on the car it is married to, that is one question i had when purchasing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cnstman said:
oh and you really don't need the MIL eliminator. cobb raised the parameters for the rear o2 sensor so it should not throw a cat inefficiency CEL. i have had my stage 2 installed for a month now on my sti with no CEL's

it will only read CEL on the car it is married to, that is one question i had when purchasing.
I installed my MIL eliminator back when I installed my TBE about 4-5 months ago. I can leave it there right?....i dont have to disconnect it now?

And when you say it can be plugged in when driving......those factory plugs under the dash should NOT be connected together, that is only used for loading base maps, correct?
I had the misconception that whenever you use the Accessport you have to have the green plugs under the dash connected together.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
the only time you need to connect those plugs under the dash is when youre marrying/divorcing the AP to/from the car.

you can leave the AP plugged in while driving and can watch your boost readings.

just do NOT change maps while driving.

·
Registered
986 Posts
the green connectors only have to be connected during the initial flash, or if you want to reflash your base map. all real time map switching is to be done with the connectors not plugged together.

the mil should not cause a problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does the stage 2 map prevent CEL's that could be caused by catless up pipes?
I've noticed that Cobb considers TBE only as stage 2, but I haven't seen anything about how their mapping deals with up pipes.
Thanks

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Rudy said:
Does the stage 2 map prevent CEL's that could be caused by catless up pipes?
I've noticed that Cobb considers TBE only as stage 2, but I haven't seen anything about how their mapping deals with up pipes.
Thanks
Yes, their Stage 2 map prevents the EGT CEL from the Upipe sensor, and the O2 (Catalytic efficiency) CEL from the Downpipe O2 sensor. I've been running a catless downpipe for 14,000 miles, no CEL's. (because of my reflash) I'm now running a catless Uppipe, only for the last few hundred miles. No CEL's yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks. Looks like I won't be needing the CEL fix for either the up or down pipes that I have on order.
I appreciate the direct answer to a direct question. It'd be nice if there was more of this on these forums.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Rudy said:
I appreciate the direct answer to a direct question. It'd be nice if there was more of this on these forums.
Well, don't get too excited. I've been known to stray off-topic with the best of them. Trying to do better...:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts