ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got a deposit on a 2012 WRX and this is my first post.

I'm thinking about doing some mild mods and was looking around the Cobb website. Does anyone know what Cobb means when the provide numbers for maximum and peak power, because the differences are pretty substantial.

Peak Power Output: Stage1+Intake 93 v311 +6.5% HP / +15.2% lb-ft over stock.
Maximum Power Gains: Stage1+Intake 93 v311 +21.4% HP / +22.9% lb-ft over stock.
Peak Power Output: Stage2+Intake 93 v311 +12.3% HP / +21.2% lb-ft over stock.
Maximum Power Gains: Stage2+Intake 93 v311 +30.8% HP / +30.6% lb-ft over stock.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/v/accessport/maps/subaru/wrx/Map_Notes/SUBA_US_WRX_12_SF_AEM_v311.pdf

30% increase in hp and tq sounds great. I'm hoping I can get there without sacrificing reliability or having a super load exhaust. I'm hoping I can get there with a catted downpipe and stock or STP catback.

Thanks!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Peak power gains compare the two highest values of each map. Maximum power gains compares the two points that have the largest delta.

For example, you may only see a 10whp difference at peak horsepower (~6K RPMs), but see a 25whp difference ~4K RPMs.

Take this '12 WRX (what I assume is stock considering the "baseline pull" title) vs StageI:

Peak hp is ~6K RPMs; there is a 17 hp difference. At 3500 RPMs, there's a ~35whp difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peak power gains compare the two highest values of each map. Maximum power gains compares the two points that have the largest delta.

For example, you may only see a 10whp difference at peak horsepower (~6K RPMs), but see a 25whp difference ~4K RPMs.

Take this '12 WRX (what I assume is stock considering the "baseline pull" title) vs StageI:

Peak hp is ~6K RPMs; there is a 17 hp difference. At 3500 RPMs, there's a ~35whp difference.

Great answer! Thanks EJ257. It seems like that is a useful metric when the rpm info is provide with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts