ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to drive down to Lake Powell on the 14th from SLC (390 miles each way). I am currently running the OTS stage 1 tune on my 2011 WRX. I currently average roughly 24.6 MPG mostly highway miles (according to my ECU). I am just curious if anyone has or is running the economy map on their cars and what kind of fuel economy you are actually getting. I assume the tune just does not allow as much boost at lower RPMs? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The tune only allows waste-gate pressure, about 8 Psi max. I find it impossible to drive my car like that... It de-balls the cars performance thus I never use it, not worth the extra few MPG I got with it. JMO

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was wondering, if it is even worth doing. I drove in a co workers 04 with the eco tune and it was sad to say the least. Im just trying to see if the positives out weigh the negatives.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Use your right foot, not the ECU.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You can accomplish the same thing by not laying into the pedal. Also the advantage of this is you will have the power there if you need it.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Use your right foot, not the ECU.
This.

Plus, why remove the power from the car, if it's meant to have that power? What if you find yourself in the situation where the added power is necessary and it's not there? You never know. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This.

Plus, why remove the power from the car, if it's meant to have that power? What if you find yourself in the situation where the added power is necessary and it's not there? You never know. Better to be safe than sorry.
That's how I feel. I bought the car for the power and the fun of it. Plus there are some sick twisties and awesome straights so it should be fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Mikie13 said:
What if you find yourself in the situation where the added power is necessary and it's not there? You never know. Better to be safe than sorry.
There's a section of highway right by my house that sometimes requires you to punch the gas to avoid being rear-ended, even without you cutting someone off intentionally. It's after a half-mile downhill, and there's a "dip" that hides cars coming. Sometimes they're hitting 70+, and by the time you've committed to merging, you can't just stop.

If you want highway mileage, draft (safely, not tailgating) where you can and set CC @ the speed limit.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts