ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a dilema with the amount of boost being put out on my 2012 WRX 5Door. The situation is when I install the Stage 1 map I have no problem reaching the target boost but if I stay at target boost 16psi for more than a split second with the stage 1 map installed immediatly after the car will not exceed anything but 7psi untill I reflash the ECU. But if I uninstall the Accessport and go back to using the stock map there is no problem and I can reach and hold the target boost with no issues. Can anyone give me some insight of whats going on or what im doing wrong? I dont know tons of things about cars but I do know a little from what ive read on the forums and other friends so sorry if this seems to be a newb question. My current mods are: Cobb SF Intake, Cobb XLE BOV, Megan OE RS Cat back exhaust, Cobb Double Adjustable Short Shifter, SPT Boost Gauge. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Call cobb, describe the problem. They will assist you.

Seriously, you paid for thier tech support when you bought the access port so why not use it?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wouldn't that spit out a CEL?

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
sounds like the stage one map is knocking and throwing the ECU into limp mode
This.

Datalog and post up your FBKC and FLKC. Also your IAM/DAM

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Wouldn't that spit out a CEL?
It should.. whether or not it is designed to I'm not sure. The CEL doesn't light for knock ever (unless you've modded it). And I know at least in my car, it will pull tons of timing trying to compensate for knock and never throw a code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts