Subaru WRX Forum banner

COBB AP and Cobb intake help

938 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this group and new to WRX. I'm still in my break in period for another 400 miles. I have a brand new 2017 limited WRX. I've test drive my buddies 2014 WRX and he had a cobb ap and intake installed and I loved how it felt and sounded. I know there have prob been thread and this same question asked before on here but I couldn't find exactly what I'm asking so here goes. I want to get the Cobb AP v3 stage 1 +BigSF power intake for my car. I just want a little more power and a smoother power band to fix the 4000rpm power drop. These are the only mods I want and plan to do for this car. I wanted to know is the engine and turbo able to handle these mods effectively and not break anything. I understand **** happens and there are no guarentees but just wanted to know if anyone has dont the same I want to do with no issues. I also understand this will most likely void warrenty if something's happens. Believe it or not I will never do the launch control and I don't plan on beating the **** out of the car. This is my daily driver and just want to have fun driving it everyday and want a smoother power band pull. Also what mileage would be a good range to install these two mods. Obviously I know after my break in period. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
You need to read the map notes and see what intake(s) are compatible with Cobb's OTS maps. If the intake isn't listed, it's not supported and you need a protune for it to work properly

#5 ·
Cobb intake and accessport with stage 1+SF tune will be just fine. you'll notice a nice little power bump and everything will be much more smooth. Everything else you stated is on par. Just Know, aside from any freak incident you should be fine. Just learn how to monitor perimeters so you can check in on it every once in a while to assure all is well.

#6 ·
So I lied a little bit. I forgot The other mod I'm getting installed in about a week is the STI performance cat back exhaust that Subaru offers on their website. I worked that into the deal of buying my car. Subaru is installing it at the dealership. I believe it's a 3" exhaust. Would that cause any issues with the Cobb AP and intake?

#8 ·
No guarantees as any motor can fail at any time, but in most cases this shouldn't cause any engine failures. In any event just recognize that any powertrain warranty claim may be (justifiably) voided by Subaru due to the modifications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.