ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im in need of some advice! I recently purchased a 2009 WRX 5DR, and im thinking id like my first mod to be a Cobb AP. However im just really trying to do my research first. So, is there anything i need to know before getting one? Or any dangers of running one?

Thanks!

Mikey

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cobb AP was my first mod on my 08 sedan. Its exciting when you 1st get it and use it, then you'll want more. Stage 1 really smoothed out my motor and acceleration is crisp. I've been at Stage 2 for a year and love it. Stage 1 is safe, no problems. On your 09 I have to believe Stage 1 pushes 285 hp at the crank or close to it. Torque is improved more than hp especially on the 08's. Its a good mod. You can go open source as well, probably cheaper but w/o the ability to switch back/forth to stock. GL

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
M2KS said:
You can go open source as well, probably cheaper but w/o the ability to switch back/forth to stock. GL
As long as you save the stock ROM before reflashing, you can go back to stock just like with the AP :thumbsup:

O/T: I posted a meet thread on the local boards for next Friday - if you're free, you should come out :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts