ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm still relatively new in the subie world so I naturally ask too many dumb ?'s. But anyways after installing the the stage1 v2. in my "02" I'm not hitting the 14.something psi mark on my gauge, it's reading still around 12psi? Also I hooked the boost gauge up to the vaccum hose coming off the BPV is this a good spot or no?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Try the HWG map for higher boost, the stage 1 target is 14.7 PSI +- 0.5 PSI. Yes the BPV is the right location to hook up the boost gauge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've seen that map on the cobb download page it says try at own risk what's that all about? Also I read up on the interior cabin part section of the forum I'm gonna get some clamps for the vaccum lines before I try the HWG map see if it makes a diff since I have noticed the t fitting is'nt as snug as it should be. Then I'll try out the HWG.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Try at your own risk is for people who are just trying to up the boost pressure, even tho they are within the +- 0.5 PSI of target boost. Then it may over boost a bit (boost spike), because the wastegate duty cycle is changed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked everything out tonight and it seems to be hitting right on 15psi now. Which means I won't need the other map, and the problem may have been a loose connection on the T fitting coming from the gauge (for about a week now:screwy:). I did have another dumb ? though can you adjust the boost with the ap or does one need a boost controller and how much boost dare you apply in stage 2? I've heard the ap gets you about 16.something psi in stage 2! Plus I've heard you shouldnt go much more than around 18psi with a 16g is this correct?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I did have another dumb ? though can you adjust the boost with the ap or does one need a boost controller and how much boost dare you apply in stage 2? I've heard the ap gets you about 16.something psi in stage 2! Plus I've heard you shouldnt go much more than around 18psi with a 16g is this correct?
Not recomended to use a boost controller unless you know what your doing and have some idea about tuning these particular cars.Not sure what your asking about the 16G(there are 3 different kinds).These cars have a TD04L-13T stock.You can run up to 25psi in the midrange with a 16G if you have the supporting mods."Supporting mods" is the key word here.Depending on the amount of upgrades you have will depend on how much boost you can run ex: upgraded intercooler,injector size,upgraded fuel pump,built engine.......also the search function on these forums can help you find alot of answers to these questions.Lots of people have already asked them:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I don't really plan on modding that much, maybe in the future. I have been thinking bigger turbo, but I think I'll wait. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts