Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to purchase the COBB accessport from COBB when I ran across a thread on the forums that took me to this page.

Cobb 08-11 WRX / 08-11 STi / 07-10 LGT / 09-10 Impreza 2.5 [cobbAP-SUB-003] - $547.40 : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC

They have it on sale/discount for $549. Has anyone bought from them? I like the idea of saving $50 but was not sure what Cobb thought about this and am guessing that it is still fully supported by Cobb for updates and the such. New to this part of upgrading and don't mind buying direct for more if that is what is suggested. Looking to all your for input.

Thanks as always for answering the annoying questions.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm Suprised Kronos hasn't jumped in here yet. KronosPerformance is all over this Forum I'm sure he will pop in and give some advice, as far as I know I have seen the AP cheaper than Cobb too and the Maps I thought were downloaded... not sure though. I would be interested to know as well $50 is good discount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We spend enough money on our cars that any money saved for the same quality product is worth doing. That is why I ask. Just wanted to make sure you don't loose Cobbs support. I live in an area where there is not a custom tuner for miles (hundreds) so this is the best route for me. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Kronos is a good place. They really are all over the forums, send them a PM or visitor message. I've talked to them a few times and just ordered my intake from them.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
I was about to buy from Kronos,but sorry guys.I was doing a completely unrelated search on craigslist,looking for a project car when I stumbled upon a 1 year old Cobb AP for sale for 1/2 the price of a new one.Will have it by the end of the week.:woocow:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was about to buy from Kronos,but sorry guys.I was doing a completely unrelated search on craigslist,looking for a project car when I stumbled upon a 1 year old Cobb AP for sale for 1/2 the price of a new one.Will have it by the end of the week.:woocow:
Lucky Dog you, I hear that if it isn't uninstalled form the old car you have to pay like $200 to get it unlocked? is this true?

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Lucky Dog you, I hear that if it isn't uninstalled form the old car you have to pay like $200 to get it unlocked? is this true?
Yes it has to be unmarried from it's original car.I don't know if Cobb can unmarry it for you.Thankfully the guy who is selling it knows his stuff.He just got a pro-tune ,which is why he's giving it up.

And he lives near me,which is why I took it.I have heard horror stories of APs purchased on the web.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Unless things have changed, Cobb requires all retailers to sell @ MSRP, so the only shopping around you can do is for vendors looking to throw extras in (e.g., Perrin offering one of their maps, $50 off any other purchase, etc.).

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'd heard it was more than that. They're very easy to work with and talk to however, so I'm sure there's some discretion involved.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
370 Posts
FWIW - if you apply a little patience there will likely be someone on these forums selling a used one. They seem to pop up with some frequency. A used one does the same things a new one does for less money, and Cobb supports them all the same. All maps/firmware/software are free downloads from their website. This is what I did and it saved me a nice chunk of change.

·
Registered
112 Posts
30 thousand dollar car and ur worried about saving 50$? get the new one especially if your cars new... it would only make sense...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts