Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have had a total of 3 accessports for my prior wrx's. Two v2's on my older wrx's, and the v3 on the my 2011 wrx, that I just traded in for my STi. With the v2's I just bought a universal phone mount for the vent in the car. And of course the v3 comes with a mount, that attaches to your car via double sided tape. I am not a fan of the mount that comes with it. I stuck the v3 in my 11 wrx on the left hand side of the stereo on the silver trim. It stayed for a few days and then ended up falling off. I ended up using super glue to securely hold it in place. It worked and never came off. But it was still a PITA and I don't particularly like using super glue in my car. I came across a few different options to mount the v3 in my STi when I buy it.

The windshield suction mount.
https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Suction-Mount-Tuning-AccessPORT/dp/B00IMJ2S1K
Not a fan of this, just because I have never been a fan of things being attached to the windshield of my car.

Air vent mount.
https://www.amazon.com/Vent-Mount-COBB-Tuning-AccessPORT/dp/B00KC4XBW8
I actually kind of like this mount, and it is cheap. But WAY to many reviews of it popping off the vent, and moving around way to much. So that one I am on the fence about.

Now I think I found the best mounting option available, but it is rather expensive. It requires the buying of two separate pieces to make it work, but in the end I think it would be the most secure, cleanest looking setup.

First part that would be needed is the vent pod from SOLiDmod.
Vent Pod - SOLiDmod

Second part needed is the 52mm gauge pod mount from SMY.
COBB Tuning - SMY Accessport V3 52mm Pod Mount

Has anyone here used any one of these three methods? If so, please post up some pics! Or feel free to post any pics you have of how you mounted your accessport in your car as I am still interested in other methods or options.

· Super Moderator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a picture of how I think I am going to mount my accessport. This is the method using the SOLiDmod vent pod and smy AP pod mount.

· Super Moderator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never updated this thread. I did update my build thread, but for anyone interested I did mount my accessport like the picture above using the Solidmods vent pod and SMY 52mm accessport gauge pod mount.

The install was very easy and straight forward. Only thing I had to do was cut a hole large enough to run the accessport wire through. Other that that, it was very simple and easy to do. I am in love with the mount. I ran the AP wires behind the dash below the vent and to the OBDII port and there is absolutely no wire showing. Very clean install, which is just what I was looking for.

The best part about this mount is that the vent is still fully functional, to include the on/off part to stop or allow air flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.