ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at buying a used Cobb Access Port and have a few questions.

Any one works right if the original owner has a different year car then I do all I need to do is get the correct tune for my car downloaded on it correct? Does Cobb charge for the tune? Is there any thing I need to look for before I buy one?

Thank You.

I know these questions probably have been asked before but I did not find them on the quick search I did.

·
Registered
651 Posts
No, no, and kinda.

You need to get one for your model year. I believe it goes 02-05, 06-08, 09-11. I'd double check those though, not 100% sure on the exact numbers. It also varies if you have a WRX, STI, FXT, LGT, etc etc.

The basic Stage 1, Stage 2 tunes come on the AP and are free with it, as are many others from Cobbs website. If you want a more custom tune then it costs extra.

As for stuff to look for, just make sure it has everything that came in the box (most notably the little connectors you need to flash the car) and that it has been unmarried from the previous owner's car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got one too, but i bought it new. Honesty, I wouldn't get it used. I think paying a little extra for it would be safer than buying one thats used. That's just me though.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Cobb has different model APs for the various MYs.

Cobb does not charge for any of their OTS maps.

If buying used, you need to make sure the AP both is the proper model and is properly unmarried from the previous owners vehicle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got one too, but i bought it new. Honesty, I wouldn't get it used. I think paying a little extra for it would be safer than buying one thats used. That's just me though.
As long as you know the previous owner unmarried it from their car then used is the way to go. You can find a used one for 400-450$ and new they go for 600$. A new one will do nothing more then a use one, minus the fact it won't be scratched. In my opinion buying used is the way to go simply because you can then use the 200$ you saved to buy something else for the car.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The model you want is AP-SUB-003
^^^ this with slight correction

Like the others said make sure that it is unmarried from the previous car or it will become a very expensive paper weight.And yes,Cobb maps from the website are free to download.

·
Registered
651 Posts
As long as you know the previous owner unmarried it from their car then used is the way to go. You can find a used one for 400-450$ and new they go for 600$. A new one will do nothing more then a use one, minus the fact it won't be scratched. In my opinion buying used is the way to go simply because you can then use the 200$ you saved to buy something else for the car.
^ this.

As long as it is unmarried then there is no functional difference whatsoever between a new and used one. Its not like they wear out or anything.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Personally I went new. Why buy used for 450-475 which is what most people are asking for used right now. I have found 2 places that are selling them for 535 new they extended black Friday sale through December. Buy new pay 535 not bad and you don't have to worry about it being unmarried or getting shipped to you properly, no recourse private party. Only way I would buy used if it was someone local that I could see in person.

Pm me if you want to know the places I Found them for on sale

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
$400 used from a reputable member of the community or ebay with over 100 feedback.. and you have $135 towards a downpipe or intake.. Just sayin.. These things dont go bad or they wouldnt be so popular anymore.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
$400 on ebay and I was drunk.. dont even want it lol..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts