ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I was wondering if there was any problems or if its a good idea at all to buy an access port such as Cobb access port but from someone who already used it on his vehicule. Like does it pair to one vehicule like some modules do or something like that. Cause I've heard you're not obligated to keep it plugged in.

Thank you all for your time.

PS Ive read multiple section of the forum and found so many answers you guys are great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx EvaUnit, is it possible to used a port like this without marrying it to the car ? I dont know much but by logic if there is such a feature of pairing it seems like once u buy one and put it in your car it no use for anyone beyond that. Unless u can go in parameters and un marry it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, the Accessport (AP) needs to be married to the car, else it won't be able to monitor and adjust any of the settings. Once an AP is unmarried, you are "essentially" erasing any known existence of the previous owner's ECU from the AP. The only thing that will stay will be any Maps that they had saved.

Again, as long as you can see with your own eyes that an AP is unmarried, or you have some sort of evidence to indicate as such then you are golden.

·
Æternum
19,977 Posts
Thx EvaUnit, is it possible to used a port like this without marrying it to the car ? I dont know much but by logic if there is such a feature of pairing it seems like once u buy one and put it in your car it no use for anyone beyond that. Unless u can go in parameters and un marry it.
Yes... you can unmarry the accessport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts