ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys, I just got a 2020 wrx and want to get the Cobb access port but I’ve been hearing there could be some issues with the engine after doing that. I want to get the access port but I want to know what I’m getting into any input from the community? Should I do it? I also want to get the AWE track exhaust I know this mod will most likely void the warranty so I want to know if it’s worth it or not? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
10,940 Posts
A cat back won't do anything really besides make it hard to impossible to get any warranty work on the exhaust.

The AP will indeed wipe any possibility for engine or possibly transmission warranty work to be approved. So with the long history of throw out bearing and clutch complaints you better ask yourself it's it's worth it. If you spin a bearing, bend a rod, or lose a piston you'll bet that 10+k dollar engine replacement jobs going to be out of your own pocket.

TL;DR

It is monumentally stupid to modify a new vehicle that has warranty. They know if the ecu had been tampered with, and Subaru is notorious for claim denials.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts