ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
if you already have the VF30 in it is not worth any extra money to swap IMHO. I have a VF34 Cobb 2.5 setup and I start to boost about 4000-4500.

·
Registered
369 Posts
SteelCity_WRX said:
if you already have the VF30 in it is not worth any extra money to swap IMHO. I have a VF34 Cobb 2.5 setup and I start to boost about 4000-4500.

I agree at the minimum go to a p&p vf22.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Upgrading to a VF34 isn't worth the money/time. They both have the same power capabilities. The VF34 just has a little quicker spool.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Its almost annoying how quick the 34 spools. I find myself on the highway and when I barely depress the accelerator it spools to about 5-6 psi....

·
Registered
362 Posts
crazycam31 said:
Its almost annoying how quick the 34 spools. I find myself on the highway and when I barely depress the accelerator it spools to about 5-6 psi....
I wish I had this problem, I do not like the laggy feel of this turbo compared to the stocker. I know A guy who has a PP TD04 running 18lbs of boost which is much more fun to drive then my car. Comparing it to my old Stage 2 he would smoke me everytime highway or 1/8th track.

·
Registered
362 Posts
how long have you had the setup?

Maybe mine is broken :( When I had my stage 2 my BOV would go off on every shift usually no matter what. I can drive normally in my Stage 2.5 and not get a blow off on 1st and second gear. I do not have a boost guage, but butt dyno knows that a lot of low end was sacrificed for the top end.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am not "dissing" the Cobb 2.5, I am just saying I wish someone would have told me all of all the goods and BADs of the setup. I am just passing on my opinion to future users. They should know what they are giving up for 40 top end hp. Now I do agree that if you highway race or 1/4 mile race it is faster, but if you 1/8th mile race like myself it was not really a huge gain. just my .02

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
I've had mine since September, but I don't put many miles on the car. I'm making boost before 3000, and getting full boost before 3500. It feels a little laggier than my stage 2, but spools faster than a stock rex. Plug in your Accessport, and watch the live boost to see what you are getting.

·
Registered
362 Posts
you are spooling A LOT faster then me. When I can get a friend to hold the port and tell me the boost I will try a 3rd gear pull. If it was spooling at 3000-3500 that would be awesome, i would be much happier. Do you have 100% atmo BOV? If you do when does it go off for you, rpm wise. Do you get one every shift?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
SteelCity_WRX said:
you are spooling A LOT faster then me. When I can get a friend to hold the port and tell me the boost I will try a 3rd gear pull. If it was spooling at 3000-3500 that would be awesome, i would be much happier. Do you have 100% atmo BOV? If you do when does it go off for you, rpm wise. Do you get one every shift?
Nah, no BOV. I tried one as an experiment once, and was very unhappy with how the car ran. From what you are describing, I'm curious if your BOV is leaking boost.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the Turbo XS RFL. I only have about 2 washers in it. If I add anymore I get a lot of wastegate flutter. So I hope that is not the problem. Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
SteelCity_WRX said:
I have the Turbo XS RFL. I only have about 2 washers in it. If I add anymore I get a lot of wastegate flutter. So I hope that is not the problem. Any Ideas?
That's exactly the BOV I experimented with. I bought a used one cheap, just to see how the car would react to it. No matter how many washers were in it, the car ran like isht. Have you tried replacing it with the stocker to see if things improve?

·
Banned
96 Posts
Trainrex said:
I've had mine since September, but I don't put many miles on the car. I'm making boost before 3000, and getting full boost before 3500. It feels a little laggier than my stage 2, but spools faster than a stock rex. Plug in your Accessport, and watch the live boost to see what you are getting.

I totally agree.The increase in lag is minimal especially compared to performance increase factor over the stock turbo

·
Banned
96 Posts
I had a OBX BOV on the car for like a month.I took it off cuz with the stocker it just ran smooth.I love the atmos. bov sound too but not worth sacrificing performance to me.Each to his own!

·
Registered
620 Posts
i thought cobb stages cant have BOV's?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have not tried the stock one. I really enjoy the showoff valve. I do not have rims or a body kit. I am debadged, de-winged. The only thing the I do have that is show and not go is the BOV. I would like to keep it. Does anyone know of a better one to use with this setup? And I am pretty sure using a BOV does not matter on the AP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts