ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 2011 Wrx blew up. It had bearings chunks of the block and pieces of pistons in the oil pan ....I had the car running stage 2 I took everything off and unmarried the ap and the dealer said there getting me a new motor and fixing it :) BTW the car only has 14k on it

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Well that's one case gone right. Fact of the matter is, even if you do take everything off and revert to stock, they have ways of showing things were tampered with. If they choose to look the other way, then awesome, but it doesn't always go as well as it did for you unfortunately.

If your car is still within warranty, any modifications you do run the risk of getting your claim denied. It's a risk you have to be willing to take if you want to modify your vehicle. If you don't like that risk, don't modify until your warranty is up.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
Has someone sorted out why exactly a new car would have bearing failure?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'm almost positive they kno I had the downpipe on it and heck there is an ap sticker on mywindow I forgot was there till.today...I was down there and they said yea were getting u a new motor and turbo there not exactly sure y it blew up all I no is it was ticking really bad and they told me.to try and drive it down I made it about 4 miles and **** let loose...they told me they don't kno what happened to it that the 09 had problems but this is the first 11 with it so far and they just took pictures and whatnot to send to soa.id kinda like to kno myself I really don't think the stage 2 did it and I don't really beat the car so idk.....my rental from them is a 97 forester I'm rollin in style now lmao

·
Registered
58 Posts
sorry your motor went but glad that they are covering it. looks like the cobb accessport did its job in reverting your ecu back to stock.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I hope you're right and they cover it, but I'm sure you've also heard the saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

If you don't have your car back with a new motor and no bill to you, then it's still possible they'll deny it. For a repair this expensive, they're going to be looking over the car very carefully, and then looking again, and again, and again. It's entirely possible somebody didn't really look that closely at it yet. They may also send the ECU back to Subaru for analysis.

When was the last time you checked/changed the oil?

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the oil level was good next change was due in 500 miles and im not exactly counting my chinckens befor they hatch im still on edge but the ppl at the dealer are real cool about modded cars to begin with not that i told them i had things done but befor i got the car i told them abou turbo back and intake and they said as long as i bring it back to them they will be cool about it but if i take it anywhere else they may report it as modded...i was at the shop yester day and the oil pan was off with chunks of the block, piston, rings, connecting rod and coolant he said that they had to send in pictures of all that and ill be good to go in about a week im keeping my fingers crossed and they said when they find the cause of the problem there gonna let me kno what happened

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Congrats on actually getting warranty work done

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Please use a period here and there. Good luck with the new motor.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
How often are you changing oil? With what oil? And if I were you I would take a look at everything you have control over. Think of how you drive, how your modding it, how your maintaining everything. It is more likely its a factory defect but if its not I have a feeling they won't be so nice with the second motor since its obvious you were modded (downpipe bolts being tampered with are an obvious give away any decent dealer would detect).

And yes, punctuation please

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I can't read your last post because without periods it makes my head hurt to try and read run-on sentences with so much information in them that i can't understand what you're saying and there's too much to say and there's run-on sentences and i can't read it because it makes my head hurt.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I can't read your last post because without periods it makes my head hurt to try and read run-on sentences with so much information in them that i can't understand what you're saying and there's too much to say and there's run-on sentences and i can't read it because it makes my head hurt.
Here are some you can use: ................
Need more? Just ask.
I have to admit, that's pretty funny.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yeah it did make me chuckle..... :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
srry ive been using my phone on this site. the oil has been changed at the dealership so w.e they use is whats been put in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also they are replacing the motor,its supposed to be here this monday hope to have the car back on friday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts