ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2018 WRX out to the mountains for the first time today. I knew I was happy with this car, but now I am completely in love.

Took 285 out to Fairplay and headed north on Highway 9 towards Frisco where we were meeting some family for lunch. Continued on 9 north to Kremmling where I got on 40 east towards Winter Park. Hopped on I-70 and headed home from there. The entire drive was nice, but the climb up the mountain south of Winter Park was probably where I had the most fun getting to know the power and handling of this car. My previous two cars constantly struggled to get up hills at altitude. That was not the case at all here!

If anyone from CO wants to meet up for some similar drives, let me know. Thinking about doing Peak to Peak Highway soon.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Check out CR 67 west of Castle Rock/Sedalia. I goes for about 15-20 miles down to the South Platte River--twisty, turny, plus a couple of miles of steep gravel (15 degree grade). Gives the MT and the left foot a workout.

I live in Nebraska but my kids live in CO, so I'll check in next time I'm there. Colorado may have some of the most scenic/less traveled roads for fun driving anywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Lynn! I'm pretty sure I've seen your car around before. I'll be sure to say hi next time!

·
Registered
180 Posts
keep yourself safe on the highway shenanigans. its a good way to get a ticket and wreck your car.

The Track is where you can really have a ton of fun; legally.

I've brought..idk..3 or 4 15+ WRX owners to the track with me this year alone and they all had a blast and started down a path of wanting to do more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
BlipWRX
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing