ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Cobb and the guy couldn't even tell me how much the max boost was set at or programmed for whatever. So what is the boost on the Stage 1 set at for high altitude locations such as Denver, Salt Lake, etc. If it is only 13 of 14 like they say why can't you get it mapped for 16-17psi which is what most everyone tunes them for up here. And he said I can't use my Greddy EBC with it. What's up with that. Anyway, I just wonder if it is worth taking out the EBC and getting the Stage 1 ECU on my stock WRX.

PS. I also have AEM ram air intake. Do I have to take that off too?

Peace. :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Cobb Stage1 boost is set for 14.7psi....

I and the majority think the AEM (and other) intakes add to much air to the A/F mixture, Cobb tunes mainly on the AccessPort for the O.E.M intake.

Stage2 with downpipe and H.P muffler to 15.8-16psi boost

shotgun

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
The Stage 1 map is an excellent map, though I'm wondering why you'd want that since your profile says you have a downpipe.

Cobb's reflashes are designed to work with the factory boost controller, so no, you wouldn't want an EBC in the mix. It defeats the purpose of having a reflash.

You should take a sec and read Cobb's FAQ on their site about the AccessECU reflash. For example, here's a snippet from there about the intake that you mentioned:

So far the AEM is about the only intake we have seen that is not predictable. We could make a map for it that would make sure that the car runs rich rather than lean, but the benefits would be far less than that if the customer just removed the intake and used the factory unit. We even have to do that on the dyno for the AEM intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts