Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2015 STI (no mechanical mods) with around 32k miles and I launched really, really badly a couple of weeks ago and cooked my clutch a bit. Stunk to high heaven for a good while! I'm wondering how concerned I should be at this point. I've noticed a very slight and occasional shudder when I start off if I get the revs a little high, but no slip once it's in gear, but the shudder could be more my own sensitivity to it rather than a real problem. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being, get thee to a shop to replace the clutch immediately, if not sooner), how concerned should I be? Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
You could have glazed the clutch.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm super late to this post but I'd say like... 2.. you surly put additional wear on the clutch but nothing to seriously affect it that quickly. The one time I did a full launch from a dead stop in my WRX there was an awful clutch smell for about an hour. Went away and never had an issue. STI clutch is stronger than the WRX. You should definitely launch after a quick roll out rather than just dumping from a stop

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! Seems like the more I drive it, the less I notice as being a very slight shudder from dead start. Maybe the glazing isn't all that bad. And right, from now on I'll get a roll going before I jump on the throttle! Thanks for that advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts