Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this was a popular problem with wrxs of the past, but i was wondering if any of you have been having this problem with the STi's 6speed tranny?

i have been getting it lately during the first couple minutes of driving. it eventually goes away...its just a minor annoyance, but it is an annoyance none the less...since it forces me to slip a little bit more than i like to get a smoother launch that doesnt give my passengers whiplash. :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, mine goes away eventually, too...glad to know im not the only one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've noticed a little clutch shudder as of late. I just now have about 7000 miles on the car now and never noticed it before, even when it was cold...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just want to document that I think I've been experiencing the shudder also, usually when the car is cold. Basically feels like the car wants to stall when you engage the clutch in first, right?

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
None on mine either at +20K miles.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah I decided to do some tests. Results were if you let the car warm up longer, the shudder doesn't occur, but if you just start driving while its still cold, sometimes it happens.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i've got 65K on my WRX, and i had my clutch assembly replaced at 12K b/c of the defective torsion springs.

i still get the shudder. usually, out of the driveway, i just give it a little more or a ride to get some heat in there, and it's all set.

it is a bit annoying though. not sure if it's compound related or what though.

dR

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
mine also shutters when i leave for school in the morning and i dont let my car warm up for very long. and its about 40 degrees it shutters for a few then warms up and is fine.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
i always wait till the car warms up quarter before its fully warmed up and it doesnt shudder

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I get zero shutter in my STi. I would get shutter all the time in my WRX, even the summer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Depends on how im on/off the clutch in the morning. So yeah, I have shudder too, but only on cold mornings...that said the shudder isnt that heavy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts