ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once my 2011 WrX is hot after driving around for awhile, it develops a bad shudder when letting the clutch out. It also got smelly coming up a mountain pass today. Does this sound like clutch?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does sound like the clutch is reaching the end of life. Monitor engine rev's vs vehicle speed for slipping. The smell probably came from slipping clutch overheating going up the mountain. If it slips too long the flywheel will need re-surfacing or replacement. Probably should not do any more hill climbs until fixed. GL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does sound like the clutch is reaching the end of life. Monitor engine rev's vs vehicle speed for slipping. The smell probably came from slipping clutch overheating going up the mountain. If it slips too long the flywheel will need re-surfacing or replacement. Probably should not do any more hill climbs until fixed. GL
Thanks for the reply! I bought it recently with under 30k miles which seemed amazing. Since then the turbo blew due to blocked oil feed line and now this. People that have driven it say it feels like a stage 2 clutch. I just want it to be reliable and shift smoothly. Will probably replace with stock clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts