Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys, new to the page! I’m not very versed in the Subaru world just bought a 2009 WRX with 100k miles on it recently.

I am having some issues with the clutch, possible it may be giving out on me. Jus looking for some advice. With my mods I’m not sure what clutch kit to look for.

I have the Cobb access point
stage 2 tune map
Cobb cold air intake
Cobb up pipe+down pipe+ mid pipe
Turbo XS exhaust
(If anyone knows an approx HP out put for this I’d love to have an idea)

My concern is that the stock or OEM clutch isnt designed to handle the power from the mods. I’ve looked at the EXEDY stage one organic clutch kit as a replacement. Would I need flywheel also??

I’ll add that this is my daily driver so not trying to get crazy with a clutch just want something close to Stock feel but can handle the mods.

Thanks a ton For any advise or help!

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Welcome! With your mods you should be around 300whp +/- 15. I am a fan of ACT clutches. For your set up I would highly recommend the ACT heavy duty performance street clutch. It will feel about the same as your stock clutch, and still be able to hold a good bit more power if you ever wish to make more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I did look at the ACT clutch kits too. I ended up ordering the EXEDY organic stage 1. It was just a little more affordable at the moment!

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
Replacement OEM clutch.

It will be fine for what you have listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts