Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time I replace my clutch. :unhappy: I havent done it on my new subaru yet but I have been told its much more difficult than just a standard clutch replacement. I have been told that I have to remove my engine. I just need some help on what is necessary when I am going to replace this. If you have a link to another forum that shows it post it please. i looked everywhere for it and couldnt locate it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,326 Posts
You do not have to remove your motor... You have to remove your trans...

I suggest a new flywheel and clutch kit. Buy factory.. (or excedy stage 1)

·
Registered
27 Posts
On Subarus, a lot of times it's easier for the driveway mechanic to remove the engine and swap the clutch off the back of it, rather than fight with pulling the transmission, driveshaft and CV axles out. If you decide to try it on your own, I would strongly consider doing it that way. I've read lots of threads from home clutch jobs (when pulling the trans, car on jackstands) that went for days, even with help from friends.

I've done a few clutch jobs on other cars and almost never go to mechanics for anything, so take that to heart when I tell you that this is a job that you may not want to tackle yourself. When the time came for a clutch, it was totally worth the $400 for me to hire someone with Subie knowledge and a lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts