ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 03 wrx and its my first subaru. I've had it for only a few months and ever since i got it, the clutch has always been really stiff. Its really hard to push in and it kinda grabs late. I'm not sure if thats a bad thing, if a lot of them are like that or what? I checked the fluid and its fine. anyone have any comments?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
How many miles? Any modifications?

My 03 was the same way on the stock clutch when I bought the car with 77k. I lived with it until 90k, then replaced the clutch, and it's much, much lighter.

Your clutch is probably on its way out.

Sent from my CM7 Nook Color!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an 03, with about 114k and no its all stock. did you do it yourself or did you pay to have it done.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I had it done with Subaru OEM parts at the dealer. For a stock car, I would recommend the Exedy OEM clutch (identical to Subaru's, since Exedy makes all of Subaru's clutches, but about half the price), and a stock flywheel. Subaru does not have a spec for flywheel resurfacing, it is a wear item and should be replaced. For those parts found online (shop the vendors here, most carry these parts) plus labor, you'd mostly likely be in the $600-$800 range.

I would have bought the parts online and had my tuner install it, but the dealer gave me an incredible deal I couldn't refuse since I had just given them $6k in bodywork business after my car was hit.

Sent using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts