ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just started noticing on a cold start, when I press the clutch pedal down, I hear a faint noise. It sounds like if you put your ear to a seashell. Sounds like something is rubbing. It goes away after about a minute of driving. Any ideas what it could be? Not too worried about it now since it is very faint and goes away, just wondering if it will get worse though. The car only has ~500 miles on it. Thx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am actually having this problem with my 09 wrx which only has like 1200 miles. And my car seems to wanna accelerate when I let go off the clutch. This is all from a cold start, after a few minutes of driving it becomes normal again.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So, I just started noticing on a cold start, when I press the clutch pedal down, I hear a faint noise. It sounds like if you put your ear to a seashell. Sounds like something is rubbing. It goes away after about a minute of driving. Any ideas what it could be? Not too worried about it now since it is very faint and goes away, just wondering if it will get worse though. The car only has ~500 miles on it. Thx.
I start noticing same exact sound when I drive out of my garage first thing in the morning.

Only happens when I press down on the clutch pedal but it goes away after its warm.

Must be normal although I only started noticing it after 20k miles on my 07 wrx.

I'm not too worried about it either but input on what it oculd be would be nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I start noticing same exact sound when I drive out of my garage first thing in the morning.

Only happens when I press down on the clutch pedal but it goes away after its warm.

Must be normal although I only started noticing it after 20k miles on my 07 wrx.

I'm not too worried about it either but input on what it oculd be would be nice.
decided to take a quick video of what it sounds like for reference. i'm in the cabin. the noise starts at around 4s when I push the clutch pedal in and goes away at around 7s when I release it. is it similar for you guys?
zSHARE - Video-0003.flv

·
Registered
170 Posts
my 08 makes like a screeching noise when i pressing down the clutch on cold starts...it goes away after about 5 mins when the temp gauge has reach normal operating temp...should i be worried?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
horrible vid...couldnt see/hear anything
it wasn't made to see anything. the garage i park in is underground with barely any lighting. as far as the audio goes, i just cranked up my volume and heard it fine. anyway, i'm assuming it isn't anything to worry about. i've spoken to a guy with an lgt that has had this problem for over a year now and it hasn't turned into something serious.

·
Registered
170 Posts
it wasn't made to see anything. the garage i park in is underground with barely any lighting. as far as the audio goes, i just cranked up my volume and heard it fine. anyway, i'm assuming it isn't anything to worry about. i've spoken to a guy with an lgt that has had this problem for over a year now and it hasn't turned into something serious.
well it seems a lot of the 3rd gens have this noise issue...some say its normal while i have heard that one guy took his to the dealer...they ended up replacing the clutch under warranty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts