ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new clutch put in about a month ago and it felt really solid up until the past week or so. at first i thought it might be the flywheel but the clutch was done at a dealership so i doubt they didnt machine the clutch. i think it might be getting wet some how maybe with oil. i have an extended warranty so im hoping a seal might be leaking oil onto the clutch so it will be covered. the rpms dont shoot up super high but it is noticably slipping and gets worse as i get to the higher end of the gears. it doesnt feel like it did when the clutch was gone tho and i know theres no way a clutch will go out in 2 months especially since i wasnt driving it for almost a month of that. any ideas will help. thank you

where is the inspection cover located?

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Well, if you have an extended warranty, why aren't you taking the car back to the dealership to have them look at and fix it? Regardless of what is causing the slipping, one month of operation is unacceptable. Also, FYI, Subaru does not recommend resurfacing a flywheel, specifically because of the type that it is. It is difficult to do a proper machine job, and is therefor not recomended. It is recommended to replace with a new unit.

Regardless of the issue, driving that thing around like that is a bad idea. You're wearing out the friction plate extremely fast every time it slips, not to mention likely heat scoring your flywheel. Get it looked at and fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took it to the dealership today. the car was serviced where i bought the car and i moved to alaska. they told me that if it is having problems because of the work that was done improperly it wouldnt be covered under warranty and i would have to pay for it and then try to get reimbursed from the ford dealership where i purchased the car and had the clutch put in. i'm trying to diagnose the problem so i know how to handle the situation

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Ah, no matter the situation here, it's likely going to have to be torn into to find out. You can try adjusting the pedal, to see if it's just a matter of not engaging completely, but I'm not so sure that's going to fix it. I think you either have a bad clutch disk, a botched resurface job, or the people who installed it are just morons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rex- it is actually just an impreza 2.5i. but its an 06.

Anub1s- thank you i'm just gonna take it in for a diagnosis and go from there. worse case scenario i pay them the 110 for the diagnosis and have to do the job myself. if i do a clutch/ flywheel replacement would you recommend replacing anything else since im already in there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts