ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After letting my sister use my car for the better half of the last year, i got in to drive and noticed the clutch is way off. it used to engage down by the floor, now it doesn't engage until its almost all the way up. In here old acura she was able to have it tightened and it would catch down near the floor every time this happened. Is it as easy as it sounds and if so any links or advice would be much appreciated...or do i need a new clutch?:(

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
they can be adjusted slightly, but it sounds like you need a new clutch. Thats why noone but me is allowed to even sit in my driver seat :sadwave:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( not good. sometimes when i accelerate from a stop it also sounds like a whinning or rubbing, sounds similar to a bike tire rubbing up against a wall while spinning (i know weird analogy but its all i could think of to describe the sound) i have a ceramic clutch too. so this isn't going to be cheap.:whoa: any ideas on how to adjust the clutch for starters?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
:( not good. sometimes when i accelerate from a stop it also sounds like a whinning or rubbing, sounds similar to a bike tire rubbing up against a wall while spinning (i know weird analogy but its all i could think of to describe the sound) i have a ceramic clutch too. so this isn't going to be cheap.:whoa: any ideas on how to adjust the clutch for starters?
This is a hydraulic clutch, there are no adjustments with the exception of bleeding air from the clutch hydraulic system and perhaps adjusting the pedal which I don't believe can be done on these cars...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts